- Wooden Slabs (purchased mine at Hobby Lobby in the craft section and used a 40% off coupon). They also have some in the wedding section that runs 50% sometimes.
- Craft paint. I used white and black.
- Sanding block/paper (optional)
- Paint brushes. I used a small one to paint the white background and a REALLY small one for touchups
- Some type of string or yarn
- Drill or glue
I began by sanding down my little wood piece. This is totally optional but I think it gave it a nicer finish!
Paint your base color. This can be whatever color you want 🙂 I didn't go all the way to the edge because I wanted it to have a little trim around it.
I wanted my string to go through my wood slab so I used one of my drill bits and slowly made a hole at the top. I used a small piece of wood and placed it under where I was drilling so I wouldn't hit my countertop. If you do not have a drill you can easily glue your string to the back using hot glue or super glue!
Time to stamp! This can be whatever you want! I used Kynlees foot (obviously) but I did toy with the idea of a cat or dog paw but wasn't brave enough to try. I just sat Kynlee on the counter and hung her foot over the sink and used my finger to spread black paint all over it then stamped her foot onto the wood piece! As you can see it didn't turn out perfectly but honestly better than I thought it would haha.
I grabbed my super small paintbrush for some touch ups. This guy is SMALL and it worked perfectly. After the paint dried I wrote xmas 2018 on the back and noted that Kynlee was 15 months. If you had cute handwriting you could easily buy a little paint pen and write it on the front but I wasn't going to risk it haha. Then I tied my string through the hole!